July 11, 2012

[TRAVEL] Night Life in HK



Foreigners love Asia, for its good food, for its exotic culture, and of course, for its CHEAP drinks. Night life here in Asia is quite different from the states. In Hong Kong, people might get a drink after work, so 5pm – 8pm is happy hour (some bars are different), which means you get a drink with 30-50% off. There are usually two columns on menu. “HH” means “Happy Hour” while “RG” means “Regular”.


People can’t miss Lan Kwai Fong for it being the night life center here in Hong Kong.  My friends and I usually get a beer at the 7-11(because it’s cheaper) at the corner and then walk around to see which bar we’re going in.

Many high school students can get in clubs with fake ID easily. Wednesday night is lady’s night, just as in Taiwan. Ladies can get in clubs for free. Some bars offer free drinks to ladies as well. But watch out ladies, staff will have an eye on you if you share a sip with your guy friends. Lan Kwai Fong will be so packed on Wednesday night…. If I’m tired of the crowded area with loud music, I can always walk to SOHO to chill out with my friends. I don’t have a pocket list for bars in LKF since drinks don’t make a big difference to me, but I do want to recommend some nice bars I’ve been to.
This is V13, which is a very classy bar in SOHO. It has ladies’ night discount from 7pm till late and it has live music from 8:30-11:00pm. Every month, the owner will have his friend redecorate the bar with different paintings, giving it a brand new look. I totally enjoyed my time there with my friends. The bar tender bought us a drink as well:)



V13 – Address: 13 Old Bailey Street, Soho, Hong Kong












------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tall buildings are everywhere in Hong Kong, so undoubtedly there’re many bars that are located in the tall buildings with great view. Wooloomooloo is a chain steakhouse restaurant here. Each restaurant has a bar or al-fresco. All three restaurants have stunning view whether it’s in Kowloon or Hong Kong Island. I’ve been to the one in Wanchai only. I was there around 4 or 5 and I sat till 7 with my friends. It was gorgeous to see the sky changed along with the time. The buildings would all light up beautifully.





Wooloomooloo – 31/F, The Hennessy, 256 Hennessy Road, WanchaiHong Kong

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then, finally it’s Sugar – my favorite bar. It’s very close to my office, and it’s also an outdoor bar on the top floor of a hotel. It’s not easy to get an outdoor seat in Sugar after work because most people want to get a decent drink at a nice place before head back home. I like the sea view here more than Wooloomooloo. Being in Wooloomooloo is like getting some rest in a hidden corner in the city and you’d better prepare yourself soon for the coming challenges; while being in Sugar is like you’re away from all the mess and stress of your life and you’ll be peaceful easily just by sitting there with the sea view. I want to go there to get a drink everyday if I can afford that :P





Sugar: 32/F EAST 29 Taikoo Shing Road Island East, Hong Kong



Pictures from:
http://www.hongkonghustle.com/wp-content/photos/Faye_Wong_Wong_Kar_Wai_Hong.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment