July 13, 2012

[FOOD] GJELINA in Venice Beach


I have always wanted to take a stroll down the Abott Kinney Blvd at Venice Beach because there are yummy, hidden restaurants and unique shops along this road. 



In the past, I had been reluctant to try American restaurants because most of the time I DON'T understand 70% of what's on the menu. My goal is that one day I will be ABLE TO understand 70% of what's on it.


The dishes I tried today were Grilled Peach, Prosciutto, Burrata, Arugula, Radicchio & Balsamic and Nameko Mushroom, Asparagus, Red Onion, Feta, Fontina & Thyme Pizza. (Look at those ingredients! Some I wasn't even able to find definitions/translations on my dictionary!)

I have a fondness of salami and prosciutto ever since my experience at the Pizzeria Mozza so it didn't take me too long to decide on ordering this plate. The mix of the saltiness of the prosiutto added with the burrata and the peach = perfection <3 The pizza is super thin and with all the mushroom and vegetable, I'm feeling so healthy :D
 

I absolutely love the interior decor of this restaurant. The wood-clad ceiling is made from reclaimed planks from an old barn in Oregon. The bricked flooring were from an old warehouse. I can't take my eyes away from the industrial chandler which is made out of mismatched bulbs.

This place filled up quick! I arrived right when it opened so it was still empty, but 30 minutes into opening, all the seats at the bar, side, and outdoor courtyard has been filled... so be sure to come early ;)

I'd definitely come back again soon to try out another item on the menu! I mean c'mon, even celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay dines here with the famous Victoria Beckham ;) Check out the big news last year: Gordon Ramsay aghast at 'Lady Victoria's' treatment at Gjelina

Last but not least, I just have to say that I LOVE THE LA WEATHER. With friends from East Coast and Taiwan complaining to me about the dreadful heat all, LA spoils us today with a cloudy (turned rainy and cool) day.



GJELINA
Category: American
Address: 1429 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
Phone: (310)450-1429 
Website: http://www.gjelina.com


No comments:

Post a Comment